Website Accessibility Statement
Accessibility statement for Westleton Parish Council
This website is run by Westleton Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is;
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- we can’t guarantee the full accessibility of our PDF documents or Word documents to screen reader software
- Not all pictures have alternative text that is accessible by screen reader software. Most of the pictures that are not accessible are of local views or events. For those images that contain useful or important information that information is accessible by screen readers.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Westleton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 04/08/2020. The test was carried out by the Westleton webmaster on behalf of Westleton Parish Council.
- our main website platform, available at http://westleton.onesuffolk.net/
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are constantly looking at our website accessibility alongside our website developers and where we can improve on it, we will. We follow a specific set of guidelines to ensure all our content meets the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
We will ensure that all new data added to the website meets the accessibility standards and work to ensure that the outstanding accessibility issues with some of the older pictures on the website are resolved as far as this is practical.
This statement was prepared on 05/08/2020 It was last updated on 05/08/2020.